Monday, June 18, 2012

Sabotage!

Remember the last post, where I told you not to mix family time with repair time? I warned that you would not get good results if you tried. This was most certainly the case today.

As I was rolling around under the front axle trying to resolve the Death Wobble, Toddler was in the bed of the truck - being Toddler. Just as soon as I would fit a wrench to a bolt and start to pull, a little voice from the bed would shout "Daddy! Look! Do you see the stick now?" as he jammed the CB antenna down through a hole in the floor. Not the best game to play as you're trying to calmly think about the problem you're fixing.

As we were packing up to head inside for dinner, this is what I found as I came around the back of the truck:
Toddler took some bungee cords and ran them from the trailer hitch to around a metal shelving unit. That shelf holds a few odds and ends and my toolbox. I don't know for sure, but I think Toddler was attempting to have me pull the truck out of the garage so that he could see a fully-loaded four-drawer toolbox smash to the floor.(Or maybe he's seen the truck drive and knows that the wheezy old engine couldn't pull its way out of a paper bag....)

Anyway, I think Toddler is out to sabotage the truck project. I'm worried that he's going to start "tripping" over the wheel chocks as he kicks them out of place. Maybe he will "helpfully" bring me the trouble light by handing the hot bare-bulb end to me. He's been asking to help grease the truck ever since he spotted the grease gun on the shelf. I can only imagine what handing him a grease gun would result in....

I hope I survive this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment